About the Department of Human Services
To provide quality, efficient, and effective human services, which improve the lives of people.
Department of Human Services Strategic Plan
The Department's Strategic Plan. (79kb pdf) It is updated periodically to reflect newly identified trends, goals, and action steps.
- 2011-2013 Biennial Report (4.66 MB pdf)
- 2013 Public Stakeholder Meetings Executive Summary (489kb pdf)
- Division-specific Publications section
The department is an umbrella agency headed by Executive Director Maggie D. Anderson who was appointed by Governor Jack Dalrymple on April 29, 2013. The department is organized into three major subdivisions consisting of Field Services, Program and Policy Management, and Managerial Support. (org chart) (17kb pdf)
- Careers at DHS
- The North Dakota Department of Human Services employs about 2,100 people across North Dakota. Announcements of job openings are available at Job Service North Dakota offices, college and university job placement centers, and on the state's Human Resource Management Services website.
- Human Services Directories
- The directories are not all inclusive, but may be useful to locate social service agencies and other resources.
- Department of Human Services news releases are listed by date issued.
North Dakota Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept 325
Bismarck N.D. 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-2310
Toll Free: (800) 472-2622
ND Relay TTY: (800) 366-6888
Fax: (701) 328-2359