Publications: Medicaid and other Medical Services
For additional information regarding the Medicaid program, you may choose from several options. A general overview is available via the following brochures and booklets.
For Public Information - Updated N.D. Statewide Preliminary Transition Plan of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings under Medicaid 1915c Waivers - includes summary of public comments. (Posted Nov. 28, 2014). See Public Notice.
For Public Information - Home and Community-Based Services Medicaid Waiver Adult Residential Services CMS Settings Rule Site Visit Summary (Posted March 3, 2015)
For Public Comment - N.D. Statewide Preliminary Transition Plan of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings under Medicaid 1915c Waivers (Posted Oct. 15, 2014)
For Public Comment - Tribal Notification of Statewide Preliminary Transition Plan of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings under Medicaid 1915c Waivers (Posted Oct. 15, 2014)
- If you are under age 65, not disabled, and you want medical coverage ONLY, you may complete the Application for Health Care Coverage and Paying Costs (SFN 1909)
- Return completed application to the ND Dept. of Human Services – Medical Services Division, 600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58505-0250, or to your local County Social Service Office.
- Questions? Call 1-877-KIDSNOW (1-877-543-7669
- Health Care Application for the Elderly and Disabled - Used to determine if individuals who are elderly or who have disabilities quality for Medicaid, the Aid to the Blind Remedial Program, Basic Care Assistance Program, and/or Medicare Savings Programs
- Online Application for Economic Assistance Programs - Used to apply online for Medicaid, Healthy Steps Children's Health Insurance Plan, Basic Care Assistance, Medicare Savings programs, and other assistance such as Child Care Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Guide to N.D. Medicaid Primary Care Provider Program (DN 913) (428kb pdf) - provides an overview of the primary care provider program for people who qualify for Medicaid under the children and families coverage group
- Workers with Disabilities Medicaid Coverage (February 2011)
- Children with Disabilities Medicaid Coverage (February 2011)
- Medicaid Client Share (Recipient Liability) (January 2011)
- Medicaid and Healthy Steps Information (October 2010)
- ND Medicaid Burial Provisions (August 2010)
- Medicaid - Disqualifying Transfers of Assets and Income Explained (September 2010)
- Medicaid - Disqualifying Transfer Hardship Provisions (Summer 2010)
- Medicaid and Spousal Impoverishment Protection (Fall 2008)
- Medicaid Asset Assessment - Protecting Assets for the Spouse Still Living in the Community (34kb pdf) Spring 2010
- Medicaid State Plan - Personal Care Services (MSP-PC) (808kb pdf) July 2011
- Medicaid Waivers for Home and Community-Based Services (808kb pdf) July 2011
- Medicare Savings Programs - Helping qualified individuals with Medicare Part B premiums and other cost sharing elements (38kb pdf) Spring 2010
- Long-Term Care Partnership Program and Medicaid (53kb pdf) July 2008
- Service Payments for the Elderly and Disabled (SPED) Program (848kb pdf) July 2011
- State Long Term Care Subsidy Program - Provides funds for personal needs such as clothing, health and beauty supplies, snacks and related items. January 2010
- Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) (66kb pdf) January 2013
- Qualified Service Providers (QSPs) (778kb pdf) July 2011
- North Dakota Long-Term Care Interim Study Final Report - July 1, 2014 (1.62mb pdf)
- North Dakota Long-Term Care Interim Study - March 13, 2014 (2.39mb pdf)
- Analysis of Medicaid Fee for Service Payment Rates (936kb pdf) Produced by Milliman Inc. as required by 2005 House Bill 1460 and presented to the Interim Budget Committee on Human Services on September 13, 2006.
- Biennial Medicaid Report (182kb pdf) Report required by 2005 House Bill 1460 and presented to the Interim Budget Committee on Human Services on September 13, 2006.
- Evaluation of N.D. Medicaid Targeted Case Management Program for High-Risk Pregnant Women and Infants (153kb pdf)
- Federal Medicaid Commission's September 1, 2005 Report to Secretary Michael O. Leavitt:
- Related to Children With Special Health Care Needs.
- Providers: (pending)
If you would like to view the policy manual, select the Financial Assistance link on the Policy Manual Homepage.
Quarterly Budget Insight: This report includes caseload and expenditure data for selected programs within the N.D. Department of Human Services.