Publications: Medicaid and other Medical Services
For additional information regarding the Medicaid program, you may choose from several options. A general overview is available via the following brochures and booklets.
For Public Information:
- North Dakota Access Monitoring Plan amendments (Appendix 1 - Nursing Facility Rate Methodology Change effective January 1, 2017 and Appendix 2 - Medicaid Household Beneficiary Survey Results)
- Interactive story map of Medicaid beneficiary household survey results
For Public Information: Medicaid Access Monitoring Plan (5 MB pdf) - submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on Oct. 1, 2016.
Link to Archived News and Information
- If you are under age 65, not disabled, and you want medical coverage ONLY, you may complete the Application for Health Care Coverage and Paying Costs (SFN 1909)
- Return completed application to the ND Dept. of Human Services, Medical Services Division, 600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58505-0250, or to your local County Social Service Office.
- Questions? Call 1-877-KIDSNOW (1-877-543-7669)
- Health Care Application for the Elderly and Disabled - Used to determine if individuals who are elderly or who have disabilities quality for Medicaid, the Aid to the Blind Remedial Program, Basic Care Assistance Program, and/or Medicare Savings Programs
- Online Application for Economic Assistance Programs - Used to apply online for Medicaid, Healthy Steps Children's Health Insurance Plan, Basic Care Assistance, Medicare Savings programs, and other assistance such as Child Care Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Guide to N.D. Medicaid Primary Care Provider Program (Revised March 2017) (597kb pdf) - provides an overview of the primary care provider program for people who qualify for Medicaid under the children and families coverage group
- Workers with Disabilities Medicaid Coverage (April 2017)
- Children with Disabilities Medicaid Coverage (February 2011)
- Medicaid Client Share (Recipient Liability) (January 2011)
- Medicaid and Healthy Steps Information (October 2010)
- ND Medicaid Burial Provisions (August 2010)
- Medicaid - Disqualifying Transfers of Assets and Income Explained (September 2010)
- Medicaid - Disqualifying Transfer Hardship Provisions (Summer 2010)
- Medicaid and Spousal Impoverishment Protection (Fall 2008)
- Medicaid Asset Assessment - Protecting Assets for the Spouse Still Living in the Community (34kb pdf) Spring 2010
- Medicaid State Plan - Personal Care Services (MSP-PC) (808kb pdf) July 2011
- Medicaid Waivers for Home and Community-Based Services (808kb pdf) July 2011
- Medicare Savings Programs - Helping qualified individuals with Medicare Part B premiums and other cost sharing elements (38kb pdf) Spring 2010
- Long-Term Care Partnership Program and Medicaid (53kb pdf) July 2008
- Service Payments for the Elderly and Disabled (SPED) Program (848kb pdf) July 2011
- State Long Term Care Subsidy Program - Provides funds for personal needs such as clothing, health and beauty supplies, snacks and related items. January 2010
- Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) (66kb pdf) August 2014
- Qualified Service Providers (QSPs) (778kb pdf) July 2011
Link to Newsletter Archive
- North Dakota Long-Term Care Interim Study Final Report - July 1, 2014 (1.62mb pdf)
- North Dakota Long-Term Care Interim Study - March 13, 2014 (2.39mb pdf)
Quarterly Budget Insight: This report includes caseload and expenditure data for selected programs within the N.D. Department of Human Services.