Medicaid Long Term Care Services
Nursing Facility Services
Nursing facility services are provided to approximately 3,000 Medicaid eligible residents who require regular or daily services of a licensed nurse in nursing facilities and swing beds located throughout the state. Out of 80 licensed nursing facilities, there are 80 facilities with 6,020 beds available participating in the Medicaid program and approximately 800 beds in 36 swing bed facilities throughout the state.
Approximately fifty-one percent of licensed nursing facility beds are funded through the Medicaid program. The average nursing facility rate is $249.70 per day as of January 1, 2015. The swing bed rate is $238.45 per day as of April 1, 2015.
Since 1990, North Dakota has had a case mix payment system and rate equalization for Medicaid and self-pay residents in nursing facilities. Rates for each of the 48 case-mix classifications for all residents in nursing facilities are established annually, effective January 1, based on cost reports submitted by the nursing facilities.
- Nursing Facility Rates (Effective January 1, 2015)
- ND Nursing Facility Payment System Booklet - May be printed in booklet form. Under 'Page Sizing and Handling' heading choose booklet on the Adobe print screen.
- Information for Nursing Facility Residents and Providers: Local Contact Agency Referral and Discharge Planing (MDS 3.0 Section Q)
- MDS Classification Appeal Request Form - fillable
- Home and Community-Based Long Term Care Services
- Publications related to Medicaid, Aging Services, and other DHS divisions
- Long Term Care Deficiency Statements Search