Current News for Employees
State of ND now has an online application system!
The new online recruiting system provides much more functionality to our agency recruiters and hiring managers, as well to the applicants who apply for positions with the State. PLUS: Current employees already have a Candidate Gateway account via their PeopleSoft page. State employees can access open state jobs by logging in to PeopleSoft, selecting “My Career”, and then “Careers” (shown below).
CURRENT EMPLOYEES (ON PEOPLESOFT) SHOULD NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND APPLY VIA THE PUBLIC SITE! Some job openings may be available to current state employees only and those jobs will not show on the public website. State employees should always search for open jobs through Peoplesoft by logging into their PeopleSoft account.
Spotlight on Training: Dealing With Difficult People
- Why are some people so hard to deal with?
- Why does a co-worker seem to behave like a grump?
- What about your boss that never gives you an answer?
- How does one deal with a co-worker just a few feet away who takes potshots at me and then states ‘they were only joking’?
The course “Dealing with Difficult People” we address what difficult behavior really means, and where it may come from. Did you know there are 12 different difficult behavior styles? We can help you with identifying those styles and learn to deal with them taking the high road! This course doesn’t promise to solve all of your people problems, but it does provide specific tools that you can use in real situations. It’s also designed to help each participant develop a level of self-awareness in how our own personality traits can make us appear difficult to others; and maybe that’s the base issue. Come find out……..
Some previous participants have said:
- “Very good. I went to a similar seminar on this that was twice as long and one-half as informative.”
- “Most favorite class I have been to.”
- “The ‘real life’ situations were helpful.”
- “Very applicable to both personal and business life. Very good and helpful course.”
- “I’ve learned something new today!”
State Personnel Board Election
Two state employees from the classified service have been elected to serve on the State Personnel Board.
- Gabriel Hoggarth will serve through June 30, 2019.
- Nicole Sautner will serve through June 30, 2016.
What Every State Employee Needs to Know
The What Every State Employee Needs to Know brochure is now available online.