Managers: Laws and Rules
A classification/reclassification request may be submitted to Human Resource Management Services only if one of the following applies:
- A new position has been authorized.
- A significant amount of a position’s responsibilities has been newly assigned, reassigned, or changed.
- A position has not been reviewed for at least three years and different duties and responsibilities have been assigned.
- A position is classified in a class or series that has been revised and the position’s duties and responsibilities are no longer similar to the revised class or series.
- A position becomes vacant and has not been reviewed for at least seven years and will be filled.
An employee may request that an appointing authority submit the position for review if one of the reasons above applies. The appointing authority shall, within 60 calendar days, determine if any of the reasons above apply. If so, the appointing authority shall submit the request to Human Resource Management Services for review.
Human Resource Management Services requires that the following be submitted with the request for review:
A Classification/Reclassification Request Form (SFN 2584) (378kb rtf)
A current and complete Job Description Questionnaire (SFN 2572) (1.52mb rtf)
When a request is submitted for a position because of reassignment of duties and responsibilities, requests for classification/reclassification must also be submitted for all affected positions.
Human Resource Management Services shall notify the appointing authority and the employee, in writing, within 60 calendar days, of its decision and the right to request reconsideration.