North Dakota has 10 statutory holidays on which state offices are closed.
- January 1; New Year's Day
- The 3rd Monday of January; Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- The 3rd Monday of February; Recognition of the birthday of George Washington
- The Friday preceding Easter Sunday; Good Friday
- The last Monday of May; Memorial Day
- July 4th; Independence Day
- The 1st Monday of September; Labor Day
- November 11th; Veteran's Day
- The 4th Thursday of November; Thanksgiving Day
- December 25th; Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, the preceding Friday or following Monday, respectively, is considered the holiday.
State offices also close at noon on December 24. This is an office closure, not a holiday. Noon closure applies on December 24 only, and is not moved to the preceding Friday or following Monday as referenced above for holidays.
Employees who are scheduled to work on holidays are generally provided an alternate day off.
NDCC 1-03 (sections 01 through 02.1)