Managers: Laws and Rules
Hiring rates for new employees may be up to the salary range midpoint depending on qualifications.
Salary increases are allowed under certain circumstances for the following reasons:
- Successful completion of a probationary period
- Increase in responsibility/workload
- Performance exceeding standards
- Temporary assignment to a position with a higher level of responsibility
- Reclassification increases are not allowed unless the employee's salary is less than 5 percent above the new salary range minimum.
Exceptions to the Salary Administration Rules may be granted only by Human Resource Management Services.
All salary increases are subject to the availability of appropriated funds.
General salary increases are provided strictly as appropriated by the Legislative Assembly.
Contact Human Resource Management Services, Classification & Compensation Section, for information concerning pay rates in the classified service.