Salary Range Structure
- 22 grades
- Approximately 9% difference between grades
- Range width of 67%
- Ranges will be recalculated annually so that market policy points are set at a competitive level for the relevant labor markets (dependent upon capability to do so within legislative salary appropriations)
Benefits of This Salary Range Structure
- A market policy point allows agencies more flexibility to pay competitive salaries as funds allow.
- Market policy points based on a market relationship will aid in identification of agencies needing special salary consideration.
- Allows the State to prioritize salary increases based on an employee's:
- Salary in relation to market policy point of their salary range
- Years of applicable experience