SKILLED FOR SUCCESS
North Dakota’s economy is changing, and, now more than ever, a skilled workforce is vital to the success of any company – big or small. In industries like energy, agriculture, healthcare, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), biotech, cybersecurity, manufacturing and engineering, we’re seeing the emergence of new solutions built on innovative ideas.
Supporting efforts include:
- Shifting to local control for schools to help students succeed through innovative education practices and SB2186
- Offering Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) courses to guide learning and meet the needs of the 21st century economy
- Providing students with the ability to earn college credit while still in high school to jump-start post-secondary education and career choices
- Supporting project-based learning and public-private partnerships
- Extending lifetime learning and workforce training and enhancement to improve academic and career skills for adult learners, as well as alternative education options
How is your community actively building tomorrow’s workforce? Read how communities are retooling workforce development and educational programs to keep their economies strong.
- Hazen’s Dakota Nursing Program
- Coal County Leadership Academy