The Main Street ND Summit provides an opportunity to connect, learn, get inspired, and gain insight to build and grow your community for the future. Join North Dakota Department of Commerce in-person or virtually to link with fellow state, regional, local leaders and volunteers to gain firsthand knowledge from renowned speakers and community innovators on the topic of smart, efficient infrastructure.
Main Street Summit 2021
Special thank you to all who attended this years Summit. It was a very successful Summit where nearly 800 attendees attended in either in-person or virtual.
Keynote and breakout videos coming soon!
We need your help to continue improving our work in both the ND Main Street Summit and future meetings. Please honestly fill out the survey on the Main Street Summit at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSISUMMIT21. Survey ends October 22nd – 5 p.m. CST.
We will be drawing 5-$50 gift cards to the Be Legendary gift store. Submit your survey TODAY!
Keynote speakers include an engaging experience from Joe Minicozzi with Urban3 as he presents the informative outcomes of their economic analysis of Cass County. Minicozzi’s session will provide an outstanding example for North Dakota communities on how land value economics, property and retail tax analysis should inform sustainable community design.
The dynamic Charles Marohn from Strong Towns will share his research and valuable insight on making stronger and more financially resilient communities. The Strong Towns approach to transportation focuses on bottom-up techniques for spending less and getting higher returns, all while improving quality of life for residents of a community.
Tristan Cleveland, community designer, PhD researcher, and urban columnist with Happy City, will share inspiring stories from cities around the world on design and wellbeing, highlighting lessons from science, innovative urban activism, and Happy City’s participatory experiments.
This year’s event will also feature six inspiring, informative breakout sessions, including:
- Panel: Future of Transportation, Moderated by Bill Panos, Director, North Dakota Department of Transportation
- AARP/Blue Zones: Smart Money: Investments in Livability Lead to Economic Vibrancy
- Mike Scholl, Ayres Associates Inc: Think Like a Developer and Take Charge of the Real Estate in your Downtown
- Rethos: Places Reimagined/Springboard for the Arts/Bowman County Development Corporation/ND Council on the Arts: Artists on Main Program and Tools for Arts and Vibrancy for Your Community
- State Funding Options: A Catalyst for Community Development
- Stephanie Falkers, SRF Consulting: Sustainable Planning, Resilient Communities and Infrastructure, and Smart Growth